Sunday, June 13, 2010

Menu- Week of June 14, 2010

Well, some of last week's recipes got not so hot reviews from R, but one was outstanding. He really liked the Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms, and requested a repeat performance this week. That's fine by me, because it was really easy to make.

Another realization I have made is that R doesn't like leftovers, and won't bring his lunch, or come home to eat. I have tried rationalizing that it saves us money and is more nutritious, but we end up wasting money every week on food that goes bad because he won't eat it. This week, I will make only enough for me to have lunch for 4 days, and then our dinners for Sunday-Thursday.

We leave for a weekend trip to Florida to see R's parents on Friday, so the menu is really short this week. I will probably end up posting next week's menu on next Monday, and it will be a rushed week anyway. I'm not looking forward to that.

Without further delay, here is this week's menu:

Sunday- Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms (using the crock pot method, since I need my skillet for other things)
Monday- Chicken and Spinach Lasagna (my lunch menu for the week)
Tuesday- Stuffed Portabellas
Wednesday- Grilled Chicken with Mamaliga and Beans
Thursday-  Leftover lasagna and grilled chicken, and any veggies we have left in the fridge

I have been told that I need to post pictures of these recipes, so I will post them as I make the recipes. Last week I found the camera battery and charger, so it should be all ready for this week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment