Saturday, May 29, 2010

Getting Started

I love to cook, but I hate to clean. I might as well just put that out there. I have a very busy schedule, so having to come home, make dinner, and then clean up afterwards does not sound very good to me. I'd rather spend my evenings relaxing and eating than cleaning up the kitchen.

Also, I am so tired of Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine that I can't even stand the sight of them. They have been my staple lunch for years, as I tried to control calories and portions. However, I was filling my body with preservatives and tons of salt, which negated all my efforts to be healthy.

My friend Shayla started cooking all the meals for the week for her and her husband on the weekend. She lost a significant amount of weight that way, without very much change in her activity level, as far as I can tell. Watching her shrink has been an amazing motivator for me to start a system myself.

My fiance R is a meat eater, and he also loves fresh veggies. He's not so hot on cooked ones. This is a challenge for cooking in advance, because I am not fond of microwaved steak and I still end up preparing fresh veggies to go with dinner. However, we are embarking on this adventure, and I want to share it with all of you.

I'll post a menu for the week and then the new recipes. My recipes are adapted from many sources, but I always change them, and rarely measure accurately. I'll give credit where credit is due, however. I might even be able to include nutritional information sometimes, although we aren't focusing so much on counting calories as we are having proper portions of satisfying foods that adequately fuel us for all our activities.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment