3 whole wheat pitas
4 oz reduced fat feta cheese
2 tsp curry powder, divided
2 egg whites
1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
2 large carrots, cut into 1 in long matchsticks (or precut, whatever)
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 small, tiny yellow onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely diced
4 oz nonfat plain greek yogurt
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied until 1/2" thick, cut into at least 4 portions
Dried parsley for garnish
2 dashes of salt
- Preheat overn to 350 F. Use a knife to cut along the edges of 2 pitas, separating each into 2 circular halves. Lay 4 halves on a baking sheet or 2, and crumble 1 oz feta on each pita. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside. Sprinkle with dried parsley
- Rip remaining pita into bitesize pieces and pulse in a food processor until the pieces have become medium-fine bread crumbs. In a flat bottomed bowl, combine the bread crumbs with 1 tsp curry powder and a dash of kosher salt. Place egg whites in another flat bottomed bowl, beat until frothy with a fork, and set aside both bowls.
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil on high heat. Add beans and carrots. Reduce heat to medium high and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain. Toss in 1 tsp oil and ginger and set aside.
- Heat one tsp oil in a medium skillet on medium for one minute. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and remaining tsp of curry, and a dash of salt and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt, and set aside.
- Heat one tsp oil in a large nonstick pan for 1 minute. (I used stainless, but it burnt, so go for the nonstick). Dip the chicken in egg white, then into the bread crumbs, and then directly into the pan. You may need to do this in batches. Cook 3 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other, or until done. The thinner you butterflied your chicken the faster it will go.
- Serve 4oz of the chicken (so 1/4 of the total) with 2 tbsp tandoori sauce (yogurt), 1 pita half, and 1/2 cup of the beans/carrots
Total Fat: 9g
Sat Fat: 3g
Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Sodium +612mg (because I added a little salt)