Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mmmm... Soda!

In an effort to stay away from artificial sweetners and excess sugar, I haven't had a soda, diet or otherwise in about 5 months. I feel great, but I just really miss burping sometimes. Last night I experimented with creating my own Sprite-like drink, with no sugar or artificial sweetners. I have now perfected it, and I think it is pretty darn awesome.

I started with a 20oz water bottle, and squeezed half a lemon and half a lime into the bottom. I then mixed in 1.5 tsp of granulated Stevia, which is a NATURAL calorie free sweetner, made from the extract of a leaf. I added regular old plain club soda to fill the bottle, and voila! Yummy Soda!!

Zevia makes a lemon lime soda sweetened with Stevia, but it costs upwards of $1/can, and doesn't taste as good or as fresh as mine. I am so happy I can make my own version, fairly cheaply, without all the calories OR artificial stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment