Saturday, July 3, 2010

Well, its been a while

Our schedule got all messed up with an impromptu trip to Florida a couple weekends ago to visit R's family. We got to go snorkeling, but I didn't get to plan a menu or even go grocery shopping on the weekend. Also, work has been getting really hectic. I think this is going to change my plan, as during the week we really don't eat from a recipe. I really don't see a grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli as a recipe. My new goal is to post 2 recipes that I will be making that week, and I'll try to remember to take pictures and edit the recipes with the pictures after I make them.

This week I'll be using a tried and true Italian Beef recipe, which can be served with rice or on a crusty roll with some provolone for a kick-but sandwich. The original recipe calls for a 3-4 lb chuck roast, but I don't think that will even fit in my crock pot, so we'll go for half that recipe. I don't want to have to throw it out because we didn't eat it all. I have made this recipe before, but was reminded of its yumminess by a friend this weekend. Now I am all excited about it.

I will also be trying a Creamy Taco Mac, made with ground chicken and leftover salsa. This recipe is supposed to end up like Hamburger Helper, without the red meat (we'll have plenty of that) and preservatives. I am adapting it for our personal tastes from this recipe on the Delish blog, which is a new recipe source for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment